Monday, November 27, 2017

Dear Josephine

Dear Josephine,

Today is your birthday!!! YAY!!

You have been keeping us updated by counting down each day this month as your big eleventh birthday approached.

Your birthday present list has been sitting beside my computer since early September (with asterisks next to the items you wanted to "consult" me on!).

You have prepped and planned for a fun birthday party with friends and willingly celebrated your day on Thanksgiving with family.

You enjoyed Mexican food, complete with a serenade and ice cream on the face, and have already tuned and taught yourself two chords on your new ukulele.

Life is good today for sure, and it is so fun to watch you grow and flourish right now.

Eleven opens a door to a new time. You're about halfway through your last year of elementary school. You're starting to make choices on activities, take on leadership roles, and be helpful even more so at home. You're at a space in your life when possibilities seem endless, growing up looks like fun, and being a kid is still awesome.

However, eleven also ushers in a tricky time. You're approaching middle school. While I know that you will be fine, you will have to deal with some hard stuff. Friends are going to come and go. Choices about activities will need to be made. Independence is something you crave, yet can't quite comprehend. You may feel lost at times. You may feel sad. You may feel upset. You may not...who knows? That's what's fun and also kind of scary about getting bigger.

Here's the good news: Your dad and I are sitting here, watching you. We love you so much and are here to help you figure things out. However, this is time in our parenting that is still somewhat new to us. You are a completely different eleven year old than your sister, and so we're trying to figure this out, too.

Let's do this together, okay? Let's give each other space and grace and encouragement. We want to guide you like we did when you were learning to ride a bike. Remember that? You might not because now, you fly across the gravel driveway now. Just a few years ago, we were the ones to steady you,  guiding you with our hands on your back to help you right your way. You may have forgotten that, but I still see that little girl on a pink princess bike every so often. Keep that determination, but know that your dad and I will always help you right your way when you feel lost.

Josie, I am certain that big things will come for you as you get bigger. I know that your spunk and your spirit and your talents will lead you down a road that I can't even imagine. You are feisty and fearless and might give your old dad a run for his money, but in the end, you will always be our dearest Josie.

Tonight, I'll tuck you in as a new eleven year old. My eyes well up with tears thinking of that first night you were born. You were so tiny, dark haired and already opinionated. I couldn't even imagine that night what you would be like as you grew up. Now that you are, I can't believe how amazing you are.

Thanks for keeping our lives interesting and busy, Josie. We are right here, always watching, always ready to guide you. We love you and are so, so excited to see where the next eleven years take you...because these first have flown by.

Happy birthday, my Sweet Jos.

Love,
Mom
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, sky, closeup and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing



Image may contain: 1 person, horse


Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing



5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday sweet girl, congratulations on this amazing milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I BECAME A VICTOR AFTER SO MANY FAILED ATTEMPT OF GETTING A LOAN.

    I feel so blessed and fulfilled. I've been reluctant in applying for a loan i heard about online because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got a loan from Progresive Loan INC. & we both confirmed it and i also went ahead to apply, today am a proud owner of my company and making money for my family and a happy mom. Well i'm Annie Joe by name from Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. As a single mom with three kids it was hard to get a job that could take care of me and my kids and I had so much bills to pay and to make it worst I had bad credit so i couldn't obtain a loan from any bank. I had an ideal to start a business as an hair stylist but had no capital to start, Tried all type of banks but didn't work out until I was referred by my co-worker to a godsent lender advertising to give a loan at 2% interest rate. I sent them a mail using their official email address (progresiveloan@yahoo.com) and I got a reply immediately and my loan was approved, and I was directed to the Bank site where I withdrawed my loan directly to my account. To cut the story short am proud of my hair stylist company and promise to testify to the world how my life was transformed.. If you are in need of any kind of loan, i advise you contact Progresive Loan INC and be financially lifted Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565



    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Viewers ,

    I am Mrs Jane Harold from Florida, with a great testimony how i
    receive my loan from this great and Legit company after been scammed,
    I told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor
    situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to them, i
    was desperately in need of a loan the sum of $30,000.00 Dollars to pay
    off my debt and startup a business, So happy i receive my loan few
    days ago ,and if you are in need of a loan and you are sure you will
    pay back the loan please contact and tell them that is Mrs Jane that
    refer you to them. (+1-586-331-5557)

    Contact Mr Jackson.
    E-mail: (jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com)
    Fax: +1-586-331-5557

    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Credit ATM Cards available worldwide
    Do you know that you can withdraw cash from any ATM machine !!!

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be used to used to withdraw cash at the ATM or swipe, stores and outlets. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the cards has a daily withdrawal limit of $/€5000 in ATM and up to $/€100,000 spending limit in it stores.
    Becoming wealthy and living the lifestyle of the rich and famous is the dream of many people. And whilst most people go to work or seek other ethical methods of making money online.
    The Credit ATM Card withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it because it is blank just your PIN will be on it, it is not traceable.PROGRAMMED blank ATM card works on any card supported ATM machine,anywhere in the world.
    Contact Person: Prof Alexander Castro
    E-Mail: atmservices44@aol.com
    hacklords.investors@gmail.com
    whatsapp +17042750147
    mobile +441865922067

    ReplyDelete
  5. INSTANT AFFORDABLE PERSONAL/BUSINESS/HOME/INVESTMENT LOAN OFFER WITHOUT COST/STRESS CONTACT US TODAY VIA Call/Text +1(415)630-7138 Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    We are financial consultants providing reliable loans to individuals and funding for business, home and projects start up. Are you tired of seeking loans or are you in any financial mess. Do you have a low credit score, and you will find it difficult to get loans from banks and other financial institutions? then worry no more for we are the solution to your financial misfortune. we offer all types of loan ranging from $5,000.00 to $533,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 35 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender? Contact us via Call/Text +1(415)630-7138 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Do you have a bad credit? Do you need money to pay bills? Do you need loan to buy, refinance or renovate your home? Is it necessary to start a new business? Do you have an unfinished project due to poor funding? Do you need money to invest in any specialty that will benefit you? DR.BENJAMIN FINANCIER LOANS aims is to provide excellent professional financial services which include the followings

    * Personal loan * Business loan
    * Home loan * Farm Loan
    * Education loan * Debt consolidation loan
    * Truck Loan * Car Loan
    * Refinery Loan
    * Equipment Loan
    * Hotels Loan
    * Refinancing Loan

    Yours Faithfully
    Dr Benjamin Scarlett Owen
    Whatsapp +19292227023
    Call/Text +1(415)630-7138
    NOTE: GET YOUR INSTANT LOAN APPROVAL 100% GUARANTEED TODAY NO MATTER YOUR CREDIT SCORE. drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete