Friday, April 12, 2013

Breathless and Beefy

Remember way back, oh, you know, when I only had THREE kids?? I ran for Team ZIP, as in Zinc, Iron, and Protein...key nutrients in beef?

If you have forgotten, or you're new to this blog, here's a picture:


Nice, huh? Beef on a shirt...interesting advocacy, huh? You should have seen the looks I got at the start line! Some hungry, some offended, and most confused. In a sea of hot pink, red, black, and the other basic running gear colors, a steak emblazoned jersey kind of sticks out.

Anyway, three years and one kid later, not only has my life changed a bit, but Team ZIP has morphed into Team BEEF. So, of course I needed the new shirt! It's a little more versatile and a little less steak-y version...but I have a new team member!! My friend and running partner Amy, who loves a good burger, is a former collegiate runner (like All-American, super fast...keeps me hopping!) but also was a farm girl, and, thus, allows me to dictate our running schedule due to calving, planting, harvesting, and now working, is on board! Thanks to the lovely people at Team Beef, a sub group of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, Amy and I will be zipping by in our fancy new running shirts...looking breathless and beefy!

While this level of advocacy may not be at the same as public speaking events, thoughtful blog posts,  advocating for beef producers, I feel like I'm doing what I can with what I've got, and even drug a friend into the mix!

Just like the cheesy phrase says, "If I only just touch one person..."

My grand plans of becoming the gold standard of advocacy have taken a back seat, so I have to be more subtle, if you can call this relatively obnoxious and obvious take on beef subtle.

Here's our shot this morning after a little jaunt, modeling the new shirt:

Instead of Breathless and Beefy...this picture should be captioned, Cute and Crazy...you pick which one is which! Either way, look out, friends, Team BEEF is comin' at ya!



1 comment:

  1. Love it!!!! I just became part of Team Beef Montana!! Running this summer for the 1st, with the beef jersey on. Such a simple but awesome way to advocate the beef industry. Can't wait to hear all about your runs.

    Jeness
    http://andthatsbeautifultome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete