Thursday, June 23, 2011

Confessions...Hit the Airwaves!

I am benefiting from the phrase, it's not what you know, it's who you know, and thankfully, who I know wants to know what I know!

You know??

Anyway, I not only like to write, I also like to talk (see my cell phone bill). Fortunately, I was able to pair my two loves by getting hooked up with DeAnna Schertz. She was a fledgling radio personality; I was a newbie farm wife and writer, and we just clicked! She found me, followed the blog, and started her radio career and helped launch my life as a "personality" on RANDY radio.

Well, it was a good run, but DeAnna had to go and get another job, and so my life on the radio came to a screeching, actually, silent halt.

Fast forward nearly a year, add a wedding, a move closer to my part of the world and a new job, and DeAnna Schertz-Thomas wants to hear me talk again!! Anyway, we had a great first interview, pre-recorded (thankfully...since I always get my own web address wrong) as I sat in the library parking lot waiting for Anna to complete summer reading. I'm excited and nervous to hear my very nasal voice on the radio tomorrow. Don't you hate how you sound when you actually hear yourself talk?

Maybe this will help me shut up a little more.

So, if you're in the Peoria, IL area, tune into 1290 AM at noon tomorrow, and you'll hear a little bit of my blog's background as well as some agricultural-ish chat.

Let me know what you think!

2 comments: