Friday, June 17, 2011

That's It, I'm Old

Well, my phone, the fancy one with the touch screen, video capabilities, etc., bit the dust this week. Joe thinks it's because I'm deadly to all technology (see my computer difficulties and how all the crazy things with the TV, Wii, etc. happen to me). I think it's because it's God's way of telling me I need to get fancy and get a new phone.

So, with the big girls at Grammy's this week, and the two little ones in tow, I headed to our cell phone store to get myself something smart. Upon entering the store, I realized something. . .

I'm CHEAP.

I'm NOT a candidate for a SmartPhone.

And, I'm OLD.

You know when you were a kid, and your parents couldn't run the VCR? Or, your grandparents didn't understand why all the kids had CD players, Walkmans, and the like?

Well, I walked into the phone store and nearly had a heart attack. $300 dollars for a phone? One that I don't think I could figure out how to turn on? One that does essentially what my computer and digital camera already do. The devices I already own, have paid for, and know how to use.

Oh crud.

Seriously, I'm old.

I wish I needed one. I wish I could afford one. However, I swallowed my pride, made a joke about how I was just a mom at home and would only update my Facebook status way too much, and bought the cheapest phone that could call, text, and take pictures.

Sigh.

Some day, I'll be fancy again. Some day, I'll know why I need an Ipad. Some day, I'll be smart enough for a SmartPhone.

However, for now, because of my lack of fanciness, I'll continue to blog from my computer, take pictures with my digital camera, and just call or text you to talk.

Please forgive me for using multiple devices. It does have it's benefits...

a new and bigger purse.

1 comment: