Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day Nineteen: 19

In my quest to stick to my 30 Days of Blogging, By the Numbers, I have found myself searching for numbers everywhere. Counting cars parked in our driveway, noticing numbers of cattle in the pasture...that type of thing.

However, today, as I was trying to get my kids hats and gloves and scarves for their potential outside, potentially chilly recess, I looked up.

There are tons hats, ball caps, in the top of my coat closet.

See?


So then I moved to the back mud room area, where I believed most of the hats to be...and I counted. 

There are 19 hats in the top of the closet, and another group of them in the back.



Where do these things come from? They're like Gremlins...or rabbits or something else that multiplies without even really trying (and don't say the Webels).

The crazy thing about these hats, is that most of the time, they just appear. Almost out of thin air. Almost always with some sort of brand emblazoned upon them, and lately almost always camo with some sort of phrase on it.

Why must that be? Why must things that are marketed towards those living in the country reinforce the stereotype? And what's with the phrases on hats? I hate it when people don't look at me in the eye when they're talking to me, do I really want them to be reading the top of my head? (not that I wear hats...I have big hair and an even bigger head, but that's a post for another day...perhaps I'll measure its circumference...)

Anyway, moving on. We have lots of hats. And that's kind of weird. But, what can you do?

I'll just continue to try to contain the hat madness...one basket and bin and shelf at a time.

Linking up with the 30 Days of Blogging here.




No comments:

Post a Comment