Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 30: Thirty

Oh friends...

I'm so thankful that it's November 30th.

We made it, didn't we? Well, kind of made it, but considering all that my family has been through, missing a day here and there comes with the territory.

Like last year, I am thankful to have been a part of the 30 day blog challenge, and then thankful again when it's over. Something like this is necessary to jump start my commitment to blogging as well as allow me to write about nothing and everything at the same time.

Blogs are a funny beast, really. We're all considered writers in the blogosphere, even though some are more journals than hard hitting journalism. I'm a member of the pseudo-writers on the Internet, and proud of it. Every now and again, I get a post that gets some "heat" (to use a "business" word...according to my brother...who's a real writer), but generally, I try to write to just entertain, educate and inform.

So I leave you with some blogs you should eventually check out. I tried to list off 30, but decided to just do my top 10. My number theme seemed to work, but now that I'm in my 30s (ha! there we go), I realized that going with the flow is more appealing than being neurotic and OCD!

I'm not suggesting that you should sit down and read them all at once, but in different stages of my life, I have received precious nuggets from these writers that, if not allowed a voice on this big, crazy thing called the Internet, I wouldn't have had the courage to find my own out here.

Thanks for reading this blog, first and foremost. I adore all of you and your comments, even if you don't agree with me. I find myself striving to make a post that warrants more commentary from my mom and relatives. Posts that make you want to tell me something is why I do this. I thrive on feedback...as my poor husband.

I look forward to another 30 day challenge...just not for another year...and without the loss of a loved one...and maybe with more posts like my Dr. Oz one.

1. Holly Spangler's My Generation Blog- agricultural, funny, amazing. She's my dear friend who has helped me navigate your comments, figure out how to blog well, and how to just be a great person.
2. Big Mama Blog- she's hilarious, and she loves college football...and boots. She's written the book, Green Sparkly Earrings that had me laughing out loud. And she's endorsed by none other than...#3:
3. The Pioneer Woman- need I say more? Okay, I will...butter.
4. Emily A. Clark-mother of 5 who decorates with spray paint and Goodwill finds
5. The Pleated Poppy-will make you feel like a loser because you don't sew or homeschool your kids, but she's the brains behind What I Wore Wednesday
6. Phillip Mottaz Town- This is my brother, and he's awesome.
7. I Heart Organizing- Because I do, and again, I want to be depressed about all that I haven't organized.
8. The Pinke Post- Katie Pinke is my blogging friend who makes me think and consider moving to North Dakota, thanks to her beautiful sunset pictures.
9. Beyer Beware- Have you tried the ham and cheese Hawaiian roll sandwiches on Pinterest...yeah, that's her. She's not all sandwiches and hunk of meat Mondays...she's smart and knows ag.
10. The Foodie Farmer- This is a good resource for those wanting to know more about their food. She's technical in a non-scary way.

So there you go.

Hopefully you'll enjoy a new blog or two or ten, and still enjoy mine, when I get around to posting again.

Linking up with Holly ONE MORE TIME.

2 comments:

  1. You are the best! And you deserve some sort of prize for persevering through what you've been handed this month, because no one would have though less of you had you thrown in the towel a couple weeks ago. You rock, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily - thanks for your writing. I thoroughly enjoy your writing style and appreciate your ability to distill a snapshot of farm life into a few funny, and sometimes challenging, words. Keep it up! I look forward to reading your next blog whenever it happens.

    ReplyDelete